- City Council
- Ceremonial Requests
The City of Sachse Mayor and City Council welcome the opportunity to recognize those special events, residents, businesses, economic partners, and employees that make Sachse the vibrant community we all love.
Requests are intended only to acknowledge residents or groups that request such acknowledgement and are not meant to endorse, support, or encourage any particular group or point of view. The resulting document does not necessarily reflect the opinions of the mayor, the City Council, or City of Sachse employees or residents.
- All ceremonial requests are subject to final approval by the mayor and/or City Council. The City of Sachse and the Office of the Mayor reserve the right to:
- edit all ceremonial requests to reflect the City’s vision, mission, and goals; and
- decline any ceremonial request.
- All ceremonial requests should have a specific local connection with the City of Sachse unless the request involves a special significance to the city, region, or state, as determined by the mayor.
- As a municipal government, the City of Sachse is non-partisan, and therefore, does not consider any ceremonial requests that are political or controversial in nature.
- All requests should be made through the City's online Ceremonial Request Form. Phone, email, and written requests will be directed to the appropriate form in order to obtain complete and detailed information to fulfill the request.
- In order to accommodate preparation and scheduling, all requests should be made as far in advance as possible, with a minimum of 10 business days prior to the occasion for the ceremonial item.
Start a Ceremonial Request Form
Types of Ceremonial Requests
Proclamations – A proclamation is formal recognition by the mayor of a special event, achievement, or day/week/month. Proclamations will not be issued for business groundbreaking, ribbon-cutting, or grand-opening events. Whenever possible, a sample proclamation or wording should be provided. When a sample is not available, please provide adequate background information. The City will provide one formal presentation copy. Proclamations should be picked up in the City Secretary’s Office at 3815 Sachse Road, Sachse, Texas 75048, unless other arrangements have been made. If you would like the proclamation presented by the mayor or Council at a Council meeting or an event, please indicate this with your request.
Certificates – A certificate is an alternative formal document that extends special recognition. A certificate may be issued for a person or organization for an accomplishment or contribution to show appreciation. Certificates may also be issued for a request when a proclamation or other recognition is not appropriate for the occasion. One formal copy will be issued for each individual or organization to be recognized per request. If you would like the certificate presented by the mayor or Council at a Council meeting or an event, please indicate this with your request.
Letters – A letter of welcome, greeting, or congratulations will be issued for programs, conferences, conventions, seminars, or other significant events when a proclamation is not appropriate. Whenever possible, a sample letter or wording should be provided. One formal copy will be issued per request. Letters are not eligible for formal presentation.
Appearances/Addresses – Appearances and/or addresses by the mayor or councilmember must be scheduled through the City Secretary's Office. Please send request and pertinent information to Leah Granger at email@example.com.