Curbside Pickup & Delivery
Books, DVDs, and More Available for Pickup and Delivery!
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Sachse Public Library has introduced a new Curbside Pickup and Home Delivery service. You can request up to 20 items through our online catalog or the Librista app to pick up at the Library, or have them delivered right to your door.
Curbside Pickup Hours: Tue - Sat 10 AM - 5 PM
How to Place Your Request
- Place up to 20 items on hold through the Library’s online catalog or using the Librista app. Click here for instructions on how to reserve items using the online catalog. If you are not sure of the specific items you would like to request, or if you require additional assistance, please call the library at 972-530-8966, or email your request to the Library Manager at email@example.com. Please allow 24 hours for Library staff to review your request and retrieve your items from the collection.
- Wait for a Library staff member to contact you by phone or email. After we have retrieved your items, we will contact you to confirm whether you would like to receive the items by Curbside Pickup or Home Delivery. The items will be checked out to your account prior to pickup or delivery.
- Curbside Pickup: Please park in one of the marked parking spaces on the west side of the Library, on either side of the book return box. Call the Library at 972-530-8966 to let us know you are here. You will be asked to confirm your name and library card number. A library staff member will bring your items to your vehicle, and will place the items in the back seat, trunk, or on the ground next to your vehicle in order to maintain social distancing. Curbside Pickup service is available Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and any items not picked up after 3 days will be checked-in and returned to the collection.
- Home Delivery: Staff will schedule a delivery window for "contactless delivery" of the items to your home. Please note that a limited number of delivery times are available each week, and delivery of your items may not be immediately available due to high demand. During the scheduled delivery window, a staff member will leave the items in front of your door and ring the doorbell or knock to signal their arrival. Home Delivery of Library items is limited to Sachse residents only, and borrowers accept responsibility for all delivered items.
- Borrowers must have a Sachse Public Library card in good standing to request items using the Curbside Pickup or Home Delivery services. A Digital Library Card can not be used to check out physical items or request items using the Curbside Pickup or Home Delivery services.
- Staff can not accept returned items or donations through the Curbside Pickup or Home Delivery services. Please return all items to the Library’s book return boxes, which are located on the east side of the Library building and in the west parking lot. The Library is not accepting donated items at this time.
- Staff can not accept payments for library fines or fees, and can not issue library cards or renew items using the Curbside Pickup or Home Delivery services. To renew your items or library card, please call the Library at 972-530-8966 or email the Library Manager at
- Home Delivery is limited to Sachse residents only. The delivery address must match the address on-file for your library card.
- Some items, such as board games, are not available for Curbside Pickup or Home Delivery. Due to their large size, these items will not fit into the Library’s book return boxes, and are not available for checkout at this time.