Adult Reading Challenge 2021
Step One: READ!
- Each month, read a book that follows the theme. Stumped for an idea? Check out our suggested titles or ask for recommendations on our Facebook group.
- Do you have a title in mind to fit the theme, but it’s not on the list? No problem! We want you to enjoy yourself while you explore genres and themes you might not normally pick. Read widely and have fun! (All titles should be adult or YA titles, no juvenile books please.)
Step Two: VISIT!
- Each month you read a book for the month’s theme, you may claim the reward for that month. You must visit the library to get your log stamped and claim your reward. One monthly reward per reader, while supplies last. (Deadline for stamps is the 2nd of the next month. Ex. January logs must be stamped by Feb. 2nd.)
Step Three: SHARE!
- Connect with other readers by sharing what you're reading on social media! Join our Facebook group or simply use the hashtag #SPLAdultReadingChallenge2021. On the third Friday of each month, join other readers in sharing about what you've been reading, but feel free to use the hashtag on any day of the month.
- Not on social media? You can leave a comment about your book on the Adult Reading Challenge bulletin board inside the Library.
Want a chance at the Grand Prize?
Simply get all 12 months stamped on time, show us your log by 5 p.m. on Thursday, December 30, 2021, and you will be entered into our grand prize drawing. Good luck, and Happy Reading!
|January - Learn about a new culture|
|February - Mighty Heroine|
|March - Armchair Travel|
|April - Historical Fiction|
|May - Epistolary or Diary Format|
|June - Character Embarking on a Journey|
|July - From Page to Screen|
|August - Memoirs & Biographies|
|September - Book that Celebrates Diversity|
|October - Mystery or Thriller|
|November - Character with a Disability (Coming Soon!)|
|December - Classic Literature (Coming Soon!)|