- Permit application and correct fee must be submitted together for any application to be processed.
- New establishments must apply by in person or email upon completion of their Certificate of Occupancy and are ready to open.
- Permit fees are nonrefundable, and permits are nontransferable.
- All food establishment health permits are valid for one year and then renew every January, with the exception of Temporary Event Food Permits, which are valid for a period not to exceed 14 days.
Fees are based upon the type of service establishment:
- Permanent food establishments with dine-in (tables for patrons) = $225
- Permanent food establishments (schools, senior livings, and take out) = $225
- Large Grocery/Department stores (Walmart supercenter, Target, Tom Thumb) = $675
- Small Grocery/Department stores (neighborhood Walmart) = $450
- Mobile food vendors = $50 / $225 ($225 if more than 3 events per year)
- Temporary food vendors = $50
- Public swimming pools = $100
For additional information please contact Environmental Health Services at 469.429.4788