Water Conservation Measures
Current Information on Watering Restrictions
City of Sachse under Stage 2 water restrictions through May 31, 2013.
Residents may water twice per week.
Watering allowed only on designated watering days (2 per week) as follows:
- If last digit of address ends in 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9, watering allowed on Saturdays and Wednesdays
- If last digit of address ends in 2, 4, 6, 8 or 0, watering allowed on Sundays and Thursdays
- Commercial property or HOA common landscape areas, watering allowed on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Watering is still allowed ONLY before 10:00 am or after 6:00 pm.
- Watering is NOT allowed between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm.
Other restrictions associated with Stage 2:
- Use of hose-end sprinklers or soaker hose is permitted ONLY DURING ALLOWED WATERING HOURS.
- Watering by handheld hose, bucket or drip irrigation system is permitted ONLY DURING ALLOWED WATERING HOURS.
- Washing any motor vehicle, motorbike, boat, trailer or other mobile equipment is prohibited EXCEPT on designated watering days during allowed watering hours and you must use handheld bucket or handheld hose equipped with positive shutoff nozzle.
- Filling or refilling of outdoor or indoor swimming pools, wading pools or Jacuzzi pools is prohibited EXCEPT on designated watering days during allowed watering hours.
- Operation of any ornamental fountain or pond, except where supporting aquatic life or fountains equipped with recirculation, is prohibited.
- Irrigation of golf course greens, tees and fairways is prohibited EXCEPT on designated watering days and only during allowed watering hours, unless the watering source is one other than that provided by the City.
- Allowing water to run off property, operation of faulty system or non-repair of leaks is prohibited.
- Washing sidewalks, driveways, parking areas, alleys, courts, patios, buildings or windows is prohibited.
Stage 3 Effective June 1, 2013 - City Receives Notice of Water Restrictions from NTMWD
NTMWD Board of Directors met on April 25, 2013 and voted to implement Stage 3 watering restrictions effective June 1, 2013:
- Limit landscape watering with sprinklers or irrigation systems at each service address to once every seven days. Sachse residents allowed to water on their trash collection day....i.e., if your trash is picked up on Thursday, then Thursday is the ONLY day you are allowed to water.
- Commercial property and common areas (HOAs) may water ONLY on Tuesday.
- Foundations, new landscaping, new plantings (first year) of shrubs and trees may be watered for up to two hours per day by a handheld hose, a soaker hose, or a dedicated zone using a drip irrigation system.
- Hosing of paved areas, buildings, or windows is prohibited.
- Washing or rinsing of vehicles by hose except with a hose-end cutoff nozzle is prohibited.
- Using water in such a manner as to allow runoff or other waste is prohibited.
- Public athletic fields used for competition may be watered twice per week.
- Locations using other sources of water supply for irrigation may irrigate without restrictions.
- Operation of ornamental fountains is allowed if re-circulated water is used.
- Read NTMWD Press Release
- NTMWD Letter to Residents May 5
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension and Water IQ have created a website that residents can use as a tool to assist in determining an adequate amount of supplemental water needed to maintain a healthy lawn. Visit Water My Yard.Org for details.
Visit the North Texas Municipal Water District website for useful information.
Texas A&M AgriLife Research-Extension
The Texas A&M AgriLife Research and Extension Center at Dallas is a gateway to science, researchers and Extension educators across the U.S. The Center serves all of urban Texas, and the Dallas-Arlington-Fort Worth metropolitan area in particular. They offer educational classes and materials on drought-tolerant landscaping ideas and other means of water conservation. Check them out at their website.
Urban Water E-News March 2013
Urban Water E-News April 2013
Urban Water E-News May 2013