Permits / Applications / Reports
Accident Reports Available Online
If you had an accident in Sachse and need a copy of the police report for insurance purposes, you may obtain that report online.
If you have an alarm system installed in your home or business, it must be registered with the Police Department. Anyone found operating an alarm system without a permit will be given one warning, then assessed a $250 fine per occurrence. Alarm permits are $10 and are valid for two years. You must print out the application, fill it out and bring it, along with your $10 permit fee, to the Public Safety Building at 3815 Sachse Road, Building D. For more information, view Section 3-21 of the Sachse Municipal Code.
Door-to-Door Solicitation Permits
City ordinance requires door-to-door solicitors to obtain a permit before conducting door-to-door sales defined as home solicitation transactions. Any persons going door to door for the purpose of soliciting sales or advertisements must conform to the following:
Permits may be obtained at the police department and are valid for 90 days. After the expiration, a permit renewal is required.
- A company supervisor must register with the police department
- A company representative must provide the police department with names of all employees who will be working in the city
- Company identification must be visible by all persons conducting solicitation
- No solicitation before noon on Sunday or after dark
- No solicitation before 10:00 a.m. Monday thru Saturday or after dark
- Solicitors will go only to the front door
- Solicitors will promptly leave the premises if the resident indicates no interest in the items being sold
- No solicitation whatsoever is allowed at a residence that displays a "no solicitation" sign
If a resident is concerned about a solicitor in their neighborhood, please give the police department a call at 972.495.2271, option 2.
Block Party Application
To host a block party in your neighborhood, you must submit a block party application no more than two weeks prior to the date of the party and no less than one week prior to the date of the party. There is no fee for block party applications, however, because block party applications require approval and signatures from residents affected by the party, the form cannot be submitted online. For questions about block party requirements, please contact Lieutenant Marty Cassidy
Citizens Police Academy
A 10-week course designed to inform participants of proper and safe crime enforcement.
Youth Citizens Police Academy
An 8-week course for young participants interested in law enforcement.
- Students must be at least 15 years old and reside in Sachse
- Must meet minimum academic school standards (report card must accompany application)
- No class "A" misdemeanor convictions or above
- Recommendation from School (either SRO, Principal, Counselor, Teacher or Home-School Administrator)
- Liability Release Form must accompany application
- For more information please contact Lt. Steve Norris, 972.495.2271, ext. 1205 or by email.
CYPA Liability Release Form
House Check / Close Patrol Request
If you have occasion to be away from your residence for a short period of time and would like the Sachse Police Department to conduct house checks while you are gone, you may complete the House Check / Close Patrol Request and submit it online.