Independence Day Parade and Red, White, and Blue Blast
The City will host its Annual Red, White and Blue Blast on Thursday, July 3 beginning with the Independence Day parade at 6:00 pm, followed by activities and entertainment and ending with a fireworks show at 9:30 pm
. Read on....
- Parade line-up begins at 5:00 pm in the Sachse Library parking lot
- Parade starts at 6:00 pm and will go south on Miles Road, ending at Heritage Park
- Prizes will be awarded to the winning parade entries for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place as well as a Judges Choice Award.
You may pre-register your float by completing the online parade registration form
or for more information on the parade or how to register, please call the Parks Department at 469.429.0275.
If you would like to register as a vendor at the Red, White, and Blue Blast, please contact Cynthia Wiseman by phone at 469.429.0275 or by email
for an application.
Below is a brief overview of parade rules:
1. The distribution of novelty items, candy, food, etc., along the parade route must adhere to the following guidelines:
- NO items may be thrown by participants. Violators are subject to having their items confiscated or being removed from the parade.
- Persons may be designated to walk along the curb & distribute items by hand.
2. The use of water guns or sprayers is not permitted during the parade. All such items will be confiscated.
3. The selling of any items by parade participants along the parade route is prohibited.
4. All entries must be decorated, in keeping with the parade theme with the exception of motorcycles / trucks / antique cars, street rods, etc. and parade/city staff.