Senior Volunteer Opportunities and Free Services
Become a Volunteer
- We provide local hospitals with hand made premie caps for their nurseries. This is a great volunteer opportunity which can be done in the comfort of your home.
- RSVP: Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
- Sachse Chamber of Commerce - The chamber uses volunteers for their fundraisers and monthly luncheons.
- Sachse Historical Society - Volunteer to answer phones, give tours, and answer questions on a weekly basis.
- AARP Tax Assistance Program - AARP provides free tax preparation for any taxpayer on a first come-first serve basis. The tax specialists are at the Senior Center on Tuesdays from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm from February until the tax filing deadline.
- Visit Nursing Homes - One of the senior center's most rewarding efforts is the time spent by volunteers visiting friends and relatives in the nursing home.
For more information or to become a volunteer, please contact Laurie Schwenk at the Senior Activity Center at 972.495.6282. Resources for volunteering can also be found by contacting the Senior Source