- PAWS to Read with Princess the Dog. Princess will be in the Library at 6pm for children to read to her on second and fourth Tuesdays.
- The Sachse-Wylie Authors Group meets monthly on the third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm at the library. The group welcomes anyone who is interested in writing.
- October 1st: Registration begins for October Crocheting Sessions. (Limited to 20 Participants).
- October 1st: Teen/Tween Mask Craft Register and Receive a mask you decorate at home and return by Oct. 22nd. (Ages 9-19 only, please.)
- October 4th, at 6:00pm: Space and Science Month Kick-Off Event! NASA/JPL Solar System Ambassador Max Corneau presents "From Hubble to Kepler, Discovery and Exploration in our Universe". Hands on Experience! All ages welcome!
- October 10th, at 7:00pm: Library Board Meeting
- October 11th, at 6:00pm: Perot Tech Truck. Hands-on science. All ages welcome! Sponsored by the Perot Museum.
- October 11th, at 6:00pm: Paws to Read to Princess the Reading Dog.
- October 17th, at 6:00pm: Celebrate Star Trek's 50th Anniversary with games, snacks, and crafts! All ages welcome! Uniforms and costumes welcome.
- October 17th, at 6:00pm: Crocheting with Noreen Sanchez Week 1.Beginners welcome. For ages 9 and up. Adults are welcome. Registration Required.
- October 22nd: Teen/Tween Mask Craft Due.
- October 24th, at 6:00pm: UTD Chemistry Department presents: Science Experiments! All ages welcome!
- October 24th, at 6:00pm: Crocheting with Noreen Sanchez week 2. Beginners welcome. For ages 9 and up. Adults are welcome! Registration Required.
- October 25th, at 6:00pm: Celebrate Halloween Tonight! Costumes, Candy, Games, & Prizes!
Preschool Story Time
Every Thursday during the school year
Bring your babies and children through 5 years old to the library each Thursday
morning during the school year at 11:00 a.m. to hear special stories, make
crafts, play games and meet new friends. We have an age appropriate story time for babies and toddlers in the Pat's Storybook Nook and
preschool story time in the library's meeting room. Both programs are at
For more information about any library program, please contact us at 972.530.896