- Public Works
- Streets / Traffic
- Street Projects
- Hudson Drive Expansion Project
Hudson Drive Expansion Project
Friday, December 2, 2022 Update
- Equipment and materials were staged in the Heritage Park gravel parking lot.
- Sachse police provided officers and volunteers this week to assist with student dismissal for Sewell Elementary and Hudson Middle School, and plan to continue this effort next week.
- Aerial photos will be taken periodically to show progression of the project.
Thursday, December 15, 2022 Update
- The drainage pipe under Hudson Drive is completed and estimated start date for paving will be December 19 (weather permitting).
- The construction crew is moving very fast on this project and they have done a great job so far.
Thank you to everyone for your continued support and understanding.
Monday, December 19, 2022 Update
Wednesday, December 21, 2022 Update
- Due to mechanical difficulties with the equipment, the contractor was only able to pour part of the scheduled concrete Tuesday morning.
- The site is secure and there are no traffic issues with the current condition. However, paving will not begin again until after Christmas.
- Paving is estimated to resume on Tuesday, December 27 and they estimate completion (barring weather) prior to the start of school on January 4, 2023.
Thursday, December 29, 2022 Update
- The main lanes are paved, traffic will not be switched until it has had time to cure and other construction activities are completed.
- Storm drainage is complete and has been extended across the entire length of Hudson Drive.
- Panel replacement, center curb and medians are scheduled to begin next week.
Tuesday, January 10, 2023 Update
- Center street medians are completed.
- Parking lot approaches are completed.
- Work is underway for sidewalk, storm drainage outfall and inlet tops.
Thursday, January 19, 2023 Update
- Aerial photos were taken to see progression.
Tuesday, January 24, 2023 Update
February 8, 2023 Update
Due to Winter Storm Mara last week and the rain storms this week, the contractors are currently working on a new schedule once construction activities can begin again. Please check back for updates.
February 23, 2023 Update
- Road is striped and all four lanes are now open!
- Signage was installed.
March 10, 2023 Update
- Grading of the parking lot has begun.
- Asphalt pour scheduled to begin next week.
March 24, 2023 Update
- The road is complete.
- Continuing to work on the parking lot as weather allows.
|What is this project?|
This construction project is for the extension of Hudson Drive, between Miles Road and Merritt Road and the reconstruction of the Heritage Park parking lot.
|How long will it take for this project to be completed?|
|We anticipate that this project will be completed in six months, weather permitting. If there are any delays, we will communicate those as soon as possible.|
|Why are we starting this project now?|
|Great question. No matter how we schedule this, it will have some overlap with the school year. We would rather introduce the project with experienced parents now instead of at the start of the school year with new parents.|
|Will I be able to use the gravel lot?|
|No, this parking lot will be closed and will be used for the staging of construction equipment. It may take a couple of days for the equipment to arrive, but it will be closed throughout the duration of the project. The Heritage Park parking lot will be available, however.|
|Will the sidewalks be blocked off for those walking to school?|
|No, sidewalks will be clear for walkers to school.|
|Will there still be two-way traffic?|
|Yes, two-way traffic will be available through the duration of the project.|
|When will contractors be working on this project?|
|Contractors will be working between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday – Friday, with some Saturdays as they are able. Contractors will try to schedule street paving during weeks that school is not in session. We will work as hard as we can to move this project along as fast as possible. There may be days where crews may work past 3 p.m., dependent on a good stopping point for that part of the project.|
We appreciate everyone’s patience with this project. We know that construction can be frustrating, and we know that it is an added pain to have a construction project near schools.
Please know that we are sensitive to these concerns and we will work diligently to move this project as fast as possible. If you have any concerns, please contact Amanda Chi, Assistant to the City Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.