The City of Sachse operates under a council-manager form of government as approved by voters in 1986 through the adoption of the Home Rule Charter. The City Council Members are elected at-large for three years.
Terms for City Council expire as follows:
- Place 5, 6, and Mayor: May 2022 (Incumbents: Cullen King, Jeff Bickerstaff, and Mike Felix)
- Place 3 and 4: May 2023 (Incumbents: Frank Millsap and Chance Lindsey)
- Place 1 and 2: May 2021 (Incumbents: Brett Franks and Michelle Howarth)
Candidate Eligibility Requirements:
According to the City of Sachse Charter, Article V. Section 5.02, a City Council candidate must:
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of the election.
- Be a qualified voter.
- Reside within corporate limits of the city, or annexed territory, for at least six months prior to the filing deadline.
- Shall not be in arrears in payment of taxes or other liabilities due to the city.
- No candidate may file in a single election for more than one office or position.
- Candidates must file an application for a place on the ballot by posted deadlines. along with a Campaign Treasurer Appointment form.
Voting Precincts in Sachse
The City of Sachse is located in two counties, Dallas County and Collin County. Within these counties the city is divided into precincts.
The three voting precincts in Dallas County are: Precinct(s) 2940, 2941, 2942
The three voting precincts in Collin County are: Precinct(s) 144, 153, 170
Voting Locations in Sachse
Dallas County and Collin County both utilize vote centers allowing residents to vote anywhere in Dallas County or Collin County during an election. Nearest locations for residents are listed below or visit the county website link for additional locations.
Dallas County Residents: Sachse City Hall, 3815 Sachse Road, Building B, Sachse, TX
Collin County Residents: Sachse City Hall, 3815 Sachse Raod, Building B, Sachse, TX
Required Identification for Voting In Person
Questions or concerns? Please email Michelle Lewis Sirianni, City Secretary.