Republic Services 972.422.2341
Republic Services provides the City's waste, bulk, and recycle service.
Basic Service Includes:
- Trash collection once/week (Blue polycart)
- Recycle collection once every other week (Green polycart)
- Bulk/brush collection once monthly (12 cubic yard limit)
Household Hazardous Waste is not accepted curb side. Personal delivery to Dallas County Home Collection Center is available to Sachse residents free of charge.
Request Additional Trash Polycart (form center)- $6.51 each/per month
View the map and calendar for your designated collection day. Recycling is collected in your Green polycart once every two weeks at the same location as your regular trash collection.
- Recycling cart placement by 7:00 am on your designated collection day.
- Recycling polycart should be placed at least two (2) feet from your Blue trash polycart.
Additional Recycling polycarts
Additional recycling polycarts are available at no charge by contacting Republic Services 972.422.2341.
Acceptable Recycling Items
|Paper (staples okay)||Ream wrappers||Take-out containers||Aluminum beverage cans||Glass|
|Newspaper||File folders||Water bottles||Food cans|
|Envelopes||Poster board||Soda bottles||Scrap metal|
|Junk mail||Frozen food boxes|
|Phone books||Cardboard boxes|
Unaccepted Recycling Items listed on Republic Services website include Aerosol cans, aluminum foil, batteries, food waste, mirrors, ceramics, stickers and address labels, Styrofoam, tissue, paper towels and/or napkins.
ADJUSTED BULK SCHEDULE
Effective January 1, the City’s bulk collection schedule will transition to a two-week process. As the city has grown over the past several years, the volume of bulk and brush has increased to the point that the collection contractor is often unable to complete the entire city in one week. This has necessitated the schedule change, and while there will be an adjustment process for residents and staff, the changes will result in improved service overall.
There will be two zones for bulk collection. Zone 1 consists of the area of the City east of Highway 78 and south of Sachse Road. Zone 2 consists of the areas west of Highway 78, as well as the areas east of Highway 78 that are also north of Sachse Road—this zone will include all areas of Woodbridge.
Zone 1 will be collected during the week of each month that includes the first Monday of the month. In January 2018, this will be the week of New Year’s Day, with all collections moved back one day due to the holiday. Have your bulk at the curb at 7am on Monday for pickup during the week. Please note your adjusted schedule does not coincide with your regular trash day. While the bulk and brush pickup service begins on Mondays, the amount of material throughout each zone may delay pickup until later in the week. For example, zone 1 pickup starts on the first Monday of the month, but because of high volume, residents in the zone may not see pickup trucks until later in the week. The same is true for zone 2.
Zone 2 will be collected during the week of each month that includes the second Monday of the month. Have your bulk at the curb at 7am on Monday for pickup during the week. Your adjusted schedule does not coincide with your regular trash day.
All other procedures related to bulk will remain the same as in the past.
View the map and calendar for your designated collection day.
- Place all items on the front curb by 7:00 am on Monday according to Zone
- Furniture and appliances are accepted, not to exceed 12 cubic yards.
- Tree trimmings, branches and shrubs should be cut and placed in bundles or piles for hand collection, not to exceed 12 cubic yard limit.
- Tree trimmings, branches and shrubs too large for hand collection requires that a claw truck be dispatched, not to exceed 12 cubic yard limit.
Additional charges may apply for exceeding the 12 cubic yard limit and/or only the 12 cubic yards will be accepted and the overage will remain for special collection to be scheduled by homeowner.
Bulk Collection Direct Questions
Due to the volume of bulk City-wide and circumstances beyond the City's control, Collection information and scheduling special bulk collection can be obtained directly from Republic Services 972.422.2341.
View the map and calendar for your designated collection day. Trash is collected in your Blue polycart every week.
- Carts must be set out by 7:00 am on collection day
- Carts should be closed. Lid hinges placed closest to your home.
Additional trash polycarts may be requested through customer service, 469.429.4763. $6.51 each/per month.
Replacement and repair of trash and recycle carts should be ordered by contacting Republic Services, 972.422.2341 or completing their online customer service request.
Special Handling/Carry Out Service Available
A trash and recycling carry out service is available for temporarily or permanently disabled occupants who are physically unable to deliver carts to the curb. To be eligible for this service, the customer must have no one else residing in the household or employed by the resident capable of carrying the trash/recycling carts to the curb or alley, and the disability statement of the application form must be completed by a licensed physician. All eligible, completed original applications should be mailed, faxed, or emailed to the City of Sachse Utility Department. 3815-B Sachse Road, Sachse, TX 75048. Phone: 469.429.4765; Fax: 972.495.9356; Email for processing the service.
Disabled Carry Out Service Applications must be resubmitted annually from the date of the original application for all temporary disabling conditions. Failure to submit renewal will be considered notice to discontinue this service.
Sachse's Green Year Round Handout
View the 2018 handout.
- What if I do not want to wait for the once a month bundled brush and bulk pickup?
- Why did the bulk / brush collection crew pick up some of my items and leave other items behind?
- What if a holiday falls on my collection day?
- Are we going to have a Spring Cleanup?
- What about household hazardous waste?
- What about my electronic waste (e-waste)?
- How can I dispose of my Christmas tree?