COVID-19 and Sachse Municipal Court
In accordance with the Texas Supreme Court, the City of Sachse Municipal Court has moved all court proceedings to a virtual eCourt hearing. This will allow defendants to dispose of cases via video conference with the Judge through the use of ZOOM on either your computer or wireless device.
If you have a scheduled court appearance date/time to appear before the Judge, YOU ARE STILL REQUIRED TO APPEAR VIRTUALLY. If you are not able to appear, you MUST CONTACT THE COURT NO LATER THAN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR COURT APPEARANCE DATE/TIME to discuss options and/or request a reset.
You must have a webcam/built-in camera with sound and video on your device to appear by eCourt. You must install the ZOOM app on your device before the video conference begins if you do not already have the app.
**IMPORTANT** your ZOOM ID NAME must match your Court Case File Name to expedite your eCourt appearance. Failure to ensure your FIRST NAME and LAST NAME are YOUR ZOOM ID will delay your appearance.
Virtual Courtrooms are the same as Actual Courtrooms.
All of the same rules and procedures apply.
Please adhere to the following Rules of the Court Conduct and Decorum:
Failure to follow these guidelines will prompt the Court Bailiff to remove the Defendant from the virtual courtroom until compliance is achieved.
- Proper clothing is strictly enforced. Inappropriate attire will not be permitted. Dress the same as if you were appearing in-person in the courthouse/courtroom.
- Avoid background noise. Ensure your environment is conducive to attend virtually.
- Avoid distractions. Turn off and put away any and all distractions so your full attention is given to the proceedings. DO NOT DRIVE, SMOKE, CHEW GUM, OR EAT while attending eCourt.
- DO NOT RECORD THESE PROCEEDINGS
- Proper respect for the Court process shall be adhered to at all times.
Requirements to Appear via eCourt, you MUST have:
- A device capable of accessing an internet connection (PC, MAC, Smart Phone, Tablet, etc)
- A fast and stable internet connection
- A webcam attached to your PC or a built-in camera on your device that will allow the Judge to see you during the video conference.
- A microphone connected or built-in mic that will allow you to talk to the Judge and your device must also have speakers attached or built-in that will allow you to hear what the Judge is saying to you.
- A working email address: you may need to email images or documents for the Judge’s review.
- You will be required to provide the Court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure future successful contact with the Court.
Sachse Municipal Court processes and enforces Class C misdemeanor criminal offenses and ordinance violations that occur within the city limits. The Municipal Court is also responsible for:
- Bond records
- Citation dispositions
- Court costs
- Docket records
- Refunds and forfeitures
- State reporting
Court Clerks' office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and closed on Holidays
Court Hearings will be located in the courtroom next to the City Council Chambers and will open at 5:30 p.m. This is by appointment only.
The information contained on these court pages is for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice.